USTOA invites its Active & Associate Members to participate in the “Human Services Response Training(TM) Webinar”
on Wednesday June 25, 2014 from 1pm to 2pm EDT
Dr. Carolyn Coarsey, PhD, President and Marketing Director of Family Assistance Program
will present the webinar. She will give you an insight on what will be presented at the full day “Human Services Response(TM) Training” workshop to be held on December 3, 2014 in Boca Raton, FL.
The following areas will be discussed followed by Q&A.
- Psychological functioning regresses in people in crisis, I.e., the
person traveling and family members who learn of the traumatic situation
- Proven practice on how best to stabilize both groups when trauma initially strikes
- Brief discussion of most common mistakes--"second assaults"
- What travelers and their families back home have told us about immediate and primary needs
- The dependency that travelers have on those who are in a position to help them
- Self-compassion: how best to take care of oneself after responding to traumatic loss