USTOA ENCOURAGES TRAVELERS TO GET THEIR BLOOD PUMPING WITH ADVENTURE ITINERARIES
NEW YORK – April 24, 2017 – Whether it’s climbing to the top of Africa’s tallest mountain, or sea kayaking in Croatia, United States Tour Operator Association (USTOA) members are offering new ways for travelers to experience bucket-list adventures across the globe. With more than half of USTOA’s membership offering adventure itineraries, active travelers have a wide variety of adrenaline-inducing vacations to choose from.
Following is a sample of adventure itineraries from USTOA tour operator members. For more examples of USTOA member packaged travel itineraries to that get travelers’ blood pumping, visit www.ustoa.com/blog/adventure-awaits or search by destination with the “Find Your Dream Vacation” section of the USTOA homepage.
· Adventurous travelers climb to the summit of Africa’s tallest mountain during Goway’s seven-day Kilimanjaro Climb – Marangu Route trip. The route takes travelers through a rain forest and waterfalls before the final ascent to Uhuru Peak. Travelers will stay in dormitory style huts during this demanding climb and scale almost 20,000-feet. Available throughout 2017, prices from $2,155 per person. www.goway.com
· Discover Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand on two wheels on Intrepid Travel’s Cycle Indochina itinerary. The 13-day trip gives travelers the chance to cycle through the Mekong Delta, enjoy a home-cooked meal and accommodations with a local family and cycle along the Khun Dan Dam, Thailand’s largest dam. Riders will cycle about 37 miles each day on this rewarding trip through Indochina. Available on various dates from April to July 2017, this trip begins at $2,230 per person. www.intrepidtravel.com
· Explore the remote country of Greenland by water on Quark Expedition’s East Greenland: Northern Lights 14-day itinerary. Guests have the opportunity to visit Northeast Greenland National Park and either hike through the Arctic tundra or journey Greenland’s waters via kayak. Prices start at $8,395 per person. An additional discount of up to $3,500 per person is available on the August 16, 2017 departure. www.quarkexpeditions.com
· Avanti Destinations’ Croatia: Split Adventure let’s travelers explore the coastal city of Split best known for the immense Diocletian’s Palace and now UNESCO World Heritage Site, built by the Roman emperor, Diocletian. The five-day Croatian adventure includes sea kayaking, river rafting and ziplining tours. Available for booking through Sept. 15, 2017 for travel May 1-Oct. 15, 2017. Land only from $845 per person, based on double occupancy. www.avantidestinations.com
· Perillo’s Learning Journeys offers an otherworldly journey to some of the most sacred sites in the Hindu religion on its India Himalayan Spiritual Adventure-Source of The Ganges. Travelers will trek through the Himalayas on a quest to Gomukh at the Gangotri glacier, the source of The Holy River Ganges. Daily morning yoga sessions and a pilgrimage to the Badrinath Temple also await guests on this itinerary. Starting at $2,850 per person, this 17-day spiritual journey is available in May, June and September 2017. www.learningjourneys.com
For more information on USTOA, visit www.ustoa.com.
Representing nearly $15 billion in revenue, the member companies of U.S. Tour Operators Association provide tours, packages and custom arrangements that allow 8.6 million travelers annually unparalleled access, insider knowledge, peace-of-mind, value and freedom to enjoy destinations and experiences across the entire globe. Each member company has met the travel industry’s highest standards, including participation in the USTOA’s Travelers Assistance Program, which protects consumer payments up to $1 million if the company goes out of business.
As a voice for the tour operator industry for more than 40 years, USTOA also provides education and assistance for consumers and travel agents.
Gina Dolecki/Katherine Henry
Redpoint Marketing PR., Inc.
A travel vacation should not only be an unforgettable experience, but offer solid peace of mind. That’s why USTOA created a consumer protection fund which protects consumers who book with our Active Members.Learn More