DISCOVER THE BREATHTAKING SCENERY AND CONTRASTING CULTURES OF SWITZERLAND
USTOA Tour Operator Members Showcase Special Savings, New Itineraries, and Live-Like-A-Local Experiences in the Heart of Europe
NEW YORK – September 28, 2017 –Whether it’s hiking through the Alps, wine tasting in the UNESCO-protected Lavaux region, or visiting the Matterhorn, Switzerland gives travelers a diverse escape in the heart of Europe. Members of The United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) are offering new itineraries, special savings, and authentic Swiss experiences to entice travelers to visit Switzerland now.
For a glimpse into the majestic destination of Switzerland click here or visit www.ustoa.com/blog/switzerland-tours for more USTOA member packaged travel itineraries to Switzerland.
- As a part of its 90th anniversary series, Globus recently launched the “Top of Switzerland” itinerary with a six-day tour of the awe-inspiring natural beauty and the vibrant cities of Switzerland. Guests will travel to the “top of Europe” on the Jungfrau Massif in Interlaken, visit a cheese farm in Affoltern (Emmental Valley), and even visit the open-air museum of Ballenberg with its centuries-old buildings from all areas of Switzerland. This Swiss adventure is available from May 2018 to September 2018 from $1,735 per person. globusjourneys.com
- On Avanti’s new “Swiss Food Discovery” tour, travelers delve into Switzerland’s diverse culinary scene with a six-day food and sightseeing exploration. Guests will enjoy dinner in a local Swiss home, a wine tasting in the UNESCO-protected Lavaux region, and a fondue lunch along the way. Additionally, travelers will visit the breathtaking Mt. Rigi, “Queen of the Mountains.” Also included is the Swiss Coupon Pass, 100 coupons offering 50% off selected restaurants, city tours, entrance fees, and up-grades on trains and boats. Available for various departures from April to October from $1,499 per person/double occupancy (land-only from Zurich). avantidestinations.com
- From a train ride to the “top of Europe” to a private water taxi across Lake Lugano, Tauck’s 11-day “Switzerland: Europe’s Crown Jewel” promises guests soaring panoramas and serene beauty. Upon reaching the Jungfraujoch or “top of Europe” guests will receive a Tauck-exclusive reception at the Ice Palace. Additional highlights include a cogwheel train to Gornergrat to view the Matterhorn, a wine-tasting cruise on Lake Lugano, and time to explore Bern, Lucerne and more. Available from June to September from $6,590 per person, plus airfare. tauck.com
- Discover Switzerland’s charming boutique cities during Insight Vacations’ “Country Roads of Switzerland.” Guests will travel through the Swiss countryside aboard the Glacier Express to Chillon, Zermatt, Grindelwald and more. Highlights along the serene route include a visit to the Lion Monument in Lucerne, the Matterhorn in Zermatt, and Lake Maggiore in the Italian Lake District. Available from April 2018 to September 2018 from $4,395 per person. Guests can save 10% when booking and paying in full before January 11, 2018. insightvacations.com
- See the stunning vistas from the premier hiking routes of Mont Blanc on StudentUniverse’s “Trekking Mont Blanc” active itinerary. During this Swiss adventure, students will hike the Alps from France to Italy and Switzerland along the Tour du Mont Blanc. Views along the route of glaciers, steep valleys, Alpine valleys and meadows showcase Switzerland’s breathtaking natural beauty. Adventurous travelers can experience this trek from September 2017 to September 2018 from $1,699 per person. studentuniverse.com
- Travel through the diverse destination of Switzerland by high-speed train on Trafalgar’s “Best of Switzerland” itinerary. Travelers will visit St. Morirtz, Zermart, and Geneva, the capital of the Suisse Romande (French-speaking Switzerland). Additionally, guests will stop at Interlaken in the heart of the Swiss Alps, at the foot of the famous peaks the Eiger and Jungfrau and visit the poignant Lion Monument. Available from April 7, 2018 to September 29, 2018 from $2,575 per person. Guests can save 10% when they book by January 11,2018. trafalgar.com
For more information about USTOA or to find a Swiss vacation search Switzerland in the “Find Your Dream Vacation” section of the USTOA homepage.
Representing nearly $15 billion in revenue, the member companies of U.S. Tour Operators Association provide tours, packages and custom arrangements that allow 8.6 million travelers annually unparalleled access, insider knowledge, peace-of-mind, value and freedom to enjoy destinations and experiences across the entire globe. Each member company has met the travel industry’s highest standards, including participation in the USTOA’s Travelers Assistance Program, which protects consumer payments up to $1 million if the company goes out of business.
As a voice for the tour operator industry for more than 40 years, USTOA also provides education and assistance for consumers and travel agents.
Gina Dolecki/Katherine Henry
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com