For 25 years, Quark Expeditions® has been the leading provider of polar adventure travel. With its diverse fleet of specially equipped vessels, unique land-based adventures and seasoned expedition leaders, it offers travelers unparalleled access to the most remote regions on earth: the Arctic and Antarctica. In 2013, Quark Expeditions® was voted “World’s Leading Polar Expedition Operator” by the World Travel Awards™, received the “Blow the Budget” award from the Amadeus & World Travel Awards™ Travel Experience Awards and was named one of National Geographic Traveler’s 50 Tours of a Lifetime for its “Three Arctic Islands” voyage. In 2014 it earned “World’s Leading Specialist Cruise Line” designation by the prestigious World Travel Awards™.
In true pioneering spirit, Quark Expeditions® is delighted to offer NEW cruise-based expeditions, one-of-a-kind basecamps, authentic icebreaker adventures, and unique itineraries to some of the most fascinating, remote regions on earth: the Arctic and Antarctic.
NEW for the ANTARCTIC
- Our Antarctic Express: Fly South, Cruise the Peninsula, South Georgia and the Falklands is our newest Antarctic fly/cruise, an immersive and diverse expedition offering a comprehensive Antarctic and Southern Ocean experience over a convenient shorter time period.
- The Ocean Endeavour the only polar adventure ship in Antarctica focused on health and wellness, and features yoga and stretching/movement classes, spa treatments and services, healthy meal options, a wellness café with smoothie bar, salt-water pool, gym and saunas.
NEW for the ARCTIC
- New cruise-based itineraries offer expeditions to majestic Greenland, including Greenland to Canada: Inuit, Icebergs & Wildlife, and 3 exciting Arctic Express Fly/Cruises, like Greenland's Northern Lights Cruise North, Fly South.
- The unparalleled Kapitan Khlebnikov icebreaker, offering 4 spectacular Arctic Icebreaker Expeditions, and a rare full arctic circumnavigation
- The one-of-a-kind Barneo Ice Camp. This temporary, fly-in basecamp is ideal for those seeking a short, adventurous journey to the North Pole. You’ll be one of an exclusive group to land on the frozen runway on this unequalled floating site on the icy sea of the North Polar Basin.
- Arctic Watch Wilderness Lodge, an arctic safari and world-class beluga whale observation site offering all-included, fully-guided adventure options such as wildlife viewing, hiking, kayaking, rafting, exploring the arctic tundra in all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), and a Polar Photography program.
- The North Pole: The Ultimate Arctic Adventure expedition on the iconic, mighty 50 Years of Victory icebreaker. Crushing through the ice, the excitement of helicopter excursions and an optional hot air balloon ride at the North Pole make this a true once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Quark Expeditions®is the Leader in Polar Adventures. Our focus and sole purpose is to deliver the best
polar cruise and land-based expeditions, including cruise expeditions on small adventure ships and mighty icebreakers, arctic safaris, unique basecamp adventures and fly/cruises. Quark passengers to Antarctica and the Arctic witness incredible wildlife, diverse culture, captivating history, and unique landscapes like nowhere else – safely and comfortably.
In addition to outstanding leadership, enriching lectures and unique itineraries, Quark passengers can enjoy activities, inclusions and special features including Zodiac cruising, kayaking, snowshoeing, hiking, hot-air ballooning, winter camping, mountaineering, cross-country skiing, polar photography, skiing, and even stand-up paddleboarding.
A travel vacation should not only be an unforgettable experience, but offer solid peace of mind. That’s why USTOA created a consumer protection fund which protects consumers who book with our Active Members.Learn More